Vegant Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Mousse is super simple to make!
Here's the skinny!
Mix everything together, letting the chia seeds soak for a bit so that they can absorb the liquid and become plump. Then blend everything until extra light, smooth, and creamy, chill the mousse for a few hours to allow it to set up, and then eat. Simple as that.
One bowl, one blender, and done.
What I love about this recipe is that even though it is vegan, you’d never guess it.
The texture is a little heavier than an egg based mousse recipe, but this chia mousse is silky smooth, perfectly sweet, and extra chocolatey with a kick of peanut butter to round if off
Now .. for a little nutrition you deets! ...Chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, iron, and calcium. A single serving of chia seeds contains 5.6 grams of protein, making this mousse a healthy dose of vegan protein!
Makes 6 - 8 mousse desserts
- 1 box mix - Do You Bake? Sugar Free Chocolae PB Chia Pudding Mix
- 3 1/2 cups nut milk
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup (or agave or honey) **if following a low carb diet, use sugar free syrup**
- 1/2 teaspoon flakey sea salt
- dried cacao nibs or fruit for topping and serving (optional)
1. In a bowl, whisk together the chia seeds, milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours or up to overnight.
2. Transfer the chia seed mix to a blender and blend on high power until smooth and creamy. It’s helpful to scrape down the sides once or twice while blending to incorporate everything. Taste and add more maple if a sweeter mousse is desired. Spoon the mouse into 6 servings bowls. Cover and chill 2 hours or overnight.
3. To make the coconut cream, tip the coconut cream upside down and pour out the coconut water. Scoop out the coconut cream and add it to a mixing bowl with the maple syrup and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, whip the cream until combined.
4. Serve the mousse topped with your favorite toppings (nuts, fruit, caco nibs, coconut cream)
Chocolate peanut butter chia mousse dessert recipe! Inspired by my love for all things dessert and healthy! Even better? All you need is 5 ingredients!
The light and airy texture of mousse .... turned vegan! All it takes is a few simple ingredients and a couple hours of waiting time and you have a perfect sweet loving dessert .. packed with a lot of healthy-you powers!
It's so easy, so good and pretty freaking healthy too!