YOU WILL NEED
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds chicken breast, boneless skinless, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups water
Optional Additions: 1 to 2 cups favorite frozen or fresh vegetables (peas, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach all go great in this dish)
Optional Toppings: Extra shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Remove small clear bag found inside your pouch, and set aside
3. Add oil to a large pot on medium-high heat
4. Add your chicken pieces and brown your chicken on every side, about 1 to 2 minutes
5. Empty contents of your chicken and rice mixture. Stir to coat. Bring to a boil, stirring all the time, remove from heat. Add vegetables (optional) and stir to combine. Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish (9 x 11).
6. Bake for 35 to 50 minutes until your rice has cooked through and is fluffy. The last 10 minutes of cooking, remove foil from the top of your casserole, open small unlabeled bag (removed in step 2) and sprinkle on top with any added cheese of choice. Return casserole to oven and bake until cheese is bubbly.
7. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes and serve.