You Will Need:
- 4lbs watermelon rind, chopped or sliced
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 3 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoons cloves
- 1 box mix Do You Bake? Love that Lemon Pie Cheese-ball
- 1/4 cups salt
- 1 quart water
- Pare watermelon rind and remove all pink portions.
- Cut rind into 1 x 2 inch pieces about 1 inch thick or into 3/4 by 1 inch cubes.
- Soak rind overnight in brine made by dissolving 1/4 cup salt in each quart of water (make enough brine to cover all your watermelon).
- Drain rind, wash in fresh water and drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients and boil together 5 minutes.
- Add rind a few at a time and cook until rind is clear.(simmer about 30 Min.).
- Pack rind in hot sterilized jars.
- Cover your sterilized and filled jars with boiling water to process