Honey or maple syrup
You Will Need:
FILLING: 1/2 cup (120ml) orange juice, 3/4 cup (180ml) water, 2 tablespoons (30ml) coconut oil CRUMBLE: 1/2 cup (120ml) coconut oil melted, 1/2 CUP (120ml) honey or maple syrup, 2 large eggs
1. Combine the contents of the small packet with the filling ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until the liquid has completely evaporated. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the wet Crumble ingredients with the contents of a large bag. Mix with 2 forks or a pastry blender until crumbly. Refrigerate mixture for 20 minutes.
3. While it is cooling, preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9“x9” (23cmx23cm) baking pan with coconut oil and line with parchment paper. Leave a little bit of overhang on either side.
4. Using your fingers, press a little more than half the Crumble mixture into the pan.
5. Dollop the date mixture on top and carefully spread evenly over the Crumble.
6. Sprinkle the remaining Crumble on top.
7. Bake for 32 to 35 minutes until golden brown on top.
8. Allow cooling then cut lift out of the pan using the parchment paper and cut into squares. Enjoy.