YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup milk, room temperature or slightly warm
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Olive oil for greasing the bowl
- A few teaspoons of extra melted butter for the top before baking
1. Mix together milk and melted butter. Remove clear pouch found inside your package and set it aside
2. Empty contents found inside your pouch and blend your wet and dry ingredients together. Using a large stand mixer with a dough hook, knead dough for 6 minutes until your dough is elastic and slightly sticky. If your dough is slightly dry after 3 minutes of kneading, add extra milk – 1 tablespoon at a time, waiting 1 minute between additions to reach a slightly sticky dough. If you do not have a stand mixer, once your dry and wet ingredients are blended together, turn your mixture out onto a parchment lined surface and knead your dough with your hands for a minimum of 8 minutes (by hand takes longer kneading process). Add extra milk if needed to bring dough together and create a lightly tacky elastic dough
3. Heat oven to 160F and turn off heat. Open door for 2 minutes.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly olive oil greased bowl. Cover with a damp tea towel and place in oven for 30 minutes. It will NOT rise a lot. This is a QUICK rise bread!
5. Remove dough from oven and place it into a well greased loaf pan. Brush melted butter on top and sprinkle contents of UNLABELED bag on top of your bread. Press lightly down on the top of your bread. Let rest 10 minutes
6. Preheat oven 375F.
7. Place loaf pan in center of oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until top is SLIGHTLY golden and your bread is baked through. It will sound hollow when you knock the top of the loaf lightly with your knuckles.
8. Cool slightly in loaf pan and turn out onto a wire rack
9. Slice and enjoy!