Low carb cauliflower hash browns are easy to make and very versatile – think base, snack or side. They also make the perfect low carb hash browns for ketogenic diets! You’ll love this gluten-free recipe!
AND! We turned our fritters into delicious Italian Stacks! Stacked with a slice of mozzarella cheese, tomato and fresh herbs. Nothing better!
- 1/2 cup Do You Bake? #KETODIET Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheeser
- 3 ounces onion chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Do You Bake? For the LOVE of Garlic Seasoning Blend
OVERVIEW - How to make cauliflower fritters:
- Weigh 1 pound of cauliflower florets.
- Grate the cauliflower in a food processor or use a box cheese grater.
- Salt, let sit, and squeeze out the moisture from the cauliflower.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix.
- Fry in a skillet or bake in the oven
Step By Step Directions - Making KETO Cauliflower Fritters
- Grate the cauliflower and put it into a colander, sprinkle the salt on top and mix thoroughly with your hands. Let the cauliflower sit for 10 minutes. **if you purchase PRE riced cauliflower, it's a good idea to run it through a food processor to chop it a little finer. It tends to be 'too big' for fritters*
- Meanwhile, chop the onions and place them into a medium bowl. DRAIN your water : Two methodsa)With clean hands, squeeze the water out of the cauliflowerb)With a Tea Towel (our preferred method). Empty cauliflower into the middle of a tea towel and roll it up. Squeeze the ends together and twist the tea towel. Drain excess liquid into your skin. Unroll and scrape cauliflower into your bowl.
- Add onions and your remaining ingredients noted above including Do You Bake? For the Love of Garlic and #KETODIET Pancake and Waffle Mix
Skillet Method: Place a frying pan or skillet over medium heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out the cauliflower fritter batter and place into the hot skillet. Push down gently with a spatula to make a flattened pancake. Cook 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Don't flip the fritter until the bottom is well cooked. (WE PREFER THIS METHOD HANDS DOWN.)
Oven Method: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment. Measure 1/4 cup of batter per fritter and flatten out into a circle. Bake for 10-12 minutes, flip and bake for 10-12 minutes more.
Store in the refrigerator. Re-heat in a dry skillet over medium heat to make crisp again.
Create your Italian Stacks! Using 2 warm fritters top with a slice of mozzarella, fresh herbs like basil (if desired) and a lovely slice of tomato!