YOU WILL NEED – Saucepan Chili
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large can black or kidney beans, drained
- 1 ½ to 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup water (optional, if you like a saucier chili)
Optional healthy additions : ¼ cup chopped onion, 1 to 1 ½ cups finely diced bell peppers (color of your choice), ½ cup frozen or canned corn (drained and washed)
Optional toppings : Avocado, Cilantro, Sour Cream, cheese
- In a medium sized stock pot lightly brown ground beef and drain any additional fat, if necessary
- Add contents of package to your pot. Stir together.
- Add your DRAINED beans to your pot along with your salsa, any vegetable additions desired, water (optional)
- Simmer stovetop for 30 minutes
Great Addition! Pick up a package of our sweet southern cornbread for a complete companion meal!
Toss in the Slow Cooker! Looking to make this low and slow? Toss all your wet and dry ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on LOW (with lid on) for 6 to 8 hours until the meat is cooked through.