Cranberry sauce shouldn't wiggle! Our favorite gourmet cranberry sauce combines the delicious tartness of cranberries, the touch of sweetness that apples bring, a light savory addition with celery and pops of crunchy pecans.
Once you've tried this cranberry sauce, you'll never go back to the store bought jiggly and wiggly version
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled cored and diced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Do You Bake? Vanilla Sugar Sweet Spice Blend
- 3 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 celery stalk, chopped and diced finely
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon butter
#1 : Add your apples and celery along with your butter into a large saucepan on medium heat. Sautee your apples and celery for 2 minutes on medium heat.
#2 : Add your cranberries, vanilla sugar and orange juice to the pan. Bring your saucepan to a boil, stirring often.
#3 : Reduce pan to a simmer, stirring occassionally while your sauce thickens. Cook for 10 - 20 minutes on simmer and remove from heat to cool completely to room temperature
#4 : Transfer your sauce to your serving dish, top with pecan pieces and refrigerate
Serve alongside your holiday meal. Delicious with Turkey, Chicken, Pork!