YOU WILL NEED
- 3 cups cooked and drained elbow macaroni
- 1 cup water
For a creamier and calcium rich cheese sauce, swap water with milk
1. Add mix to ¾ cup water, stirring vigorously with a whisk. Add remaining water, stir. Heat to medium heat until bubbly and thick, stirring constantly. Add your pre-cooked elbow macaroni to your sauce and stir to combine. Top with additional shredded cheese if desired.
Other Awesome uses
- Drizzle on top of french fries and add various toppings for loaded fries.
- Use as a dip for various snacks such as nachos or pretzels, just reduce the milk or water to 2/3 cup for extra thickness.
FUN Recipe Make + Take Breakfast Burritos!
- 1 cup prepared cheese sauce mix
- ½ lb pork sausage meat or ground pork or ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 5 tortillas, soft
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the cheese Sauce according to package directions. Keep warm.
2. On high heat, cook ground pork or pork breakfast sausage meat.
3. Add onions and season with salt and pepper. Reserve hot or cold for service.
4. On medium heat, cook the beaten eggs in margarine or butter.
5. If cooled, chop up the eggs for service, heat up in a microwave.
6. Lay a tortilla flat and stuff with 1/10th each of meat stuffing, cheese sauce and scrambled eggs.
7. Roll up, tucking in the ends first and then roll in a microwaveable wrapping.
8. Reserve refrigerated until ready to use. Heat up in a microwave.