Garlic 'n' Cheese Christmas Tree -Sunday, November 25, 2018
How about a cute and festive appetizer made easy! We're using our Slice of Heaven Za Mix and turning it into a delicious Christmas Tree appetizer, complete with 'branches and leaves' and of course that delicious dipping sauce too!
- 1 Slice of Heaven Za Box mix by Do You Bake?
- 1 can of your favorite tomato sauce (marinara works the best!)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Do You Bake? For the LOVE of Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Mozarella Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup water (warm) and 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Follow the directions on your box mix : Using your Do You Bake? Slice of Heaven Za mix along with your warm water and olive oil.
- Once your dough is ready to go, pinch off 23 equal portions of your dough.
- Flatten each portion of dough into a disk and fill with 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarrella cheese. Pinch the ends and roll into a ball. Repeat with all your dough balls
- Arrange your dough balls as a Christmas Tree Shape as shown in the photo.
- Melt butter and add your Do You Bake? For the Love of Garlic and a pinch of salt
- Brush garlic butter mix onto your Christmas Tree
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F
- Bake for 15 minutes and then add any additional cheese to your tree. Bake for an additional 5 - 7 minutes until cheese is bubbly
- Remove your tree from the oven and chop your parsley coarsely. Sprinkle parsley over tree
- Serve with a bowl of marinara sauce