YOU WILL NEED:
- ¼ cup cold butter, grated
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
Optional Additions: ½ cup pre cooked and crumbled bacon, 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
Spice It Up Variations: Add any of the following to your batter - 1 capful of your favorite Do You Bake? Spice. We love using For the LOVE of Garlic, Oh La La Garlic Bread, Mediterranean, Spicy Spaghetti and Autentico, Everything Bagel, Cheesy Chive ‘n Onion Seasoning blends.
- Empty contents of your pouch into a large bowl
- Grate butter into your bowl and blend it into your dry mix using 2 forks or a pastry blender.
- Add egg, water and oil to your mixture and beat gently with a spoon just until all of your wet and dry ingredients are fully incorporated
- Fold in any optional additions into your batter
- Refrigerate batter for an hour
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Remove batter from fridge and pour batter into prepared muffin tins (spray generously or line with paper cups or grease and flour tins). If using paper liners, you can fill your tins ¾ full. If using no liners, fill 2/3 full.
- Bake muffins for FIVE minutes at 425F and then REDUCE your oven baking temperature to 350F and bake for an additional 12 – 17 minutes, until muffin tops are plump and springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Let cool for 3 minutes inside pan and then remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely
Serve with cream cheese, butter
Homemade Cream Cheese spread Ideas:
- 1/2 capful Do You Bake? For the Love of Garlic + ¼ cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Do You Bake? Very Onion Dip + ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Do You Bake? Everything Bagel + ¼ cup cream cheese
Store cheese spreads in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Let rest 1 hour or overnight for best flavor