No Sugar! 2.9g net carbs per bite!
We use the Do You Bake? KETO mm-Ginger-Cookies mix for a perfect cheesecake bottom.
These are perfect holiday dessert bites for anyone following a KETO, low carb or gluten free diet.
Ingredients (for the base)
- 1 mix - Do You Bake? KETO Ginger-mm-cookies
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter
Ingredients (for the cheesecake)
- 2 bricks full fat cream cheese (soft)
- 2 scoops VANILLA protein powder
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup full fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons natural sugar free syrup of choice (pancake syrup or maple) OR a 6 - 8 drops of natural sugar free sweetener drops
Make the gingerbread base ahead of time (preferably the night before. minimum 3 hours!) by following the directions on the Do You Bake? Keto Ginger-mm-Cookies Mix Package. Wrap the gingerbread cookies mix tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to sit (again! let it sit 24 hours! so much better)
Preheat oven 400 degrees F
Make the filling :
- In a medium bowl beat your cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Beat in your syrup and protein powder.
- Then beat your sour cream and eggs into the mixture until combined
- Add your sweetener, lemon and lemon zest. Beat again just until combined and smooth.
- Set aside.
- Remove your gingerbread cookie dough from the fridge and roll it out about 1/2" thick in between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Working quickly, cut rounds out (bigger than your muffin tin holes) and push your rounds into the holes (or line your muffin tins with cupcake liners - this is our preferred way!). Dont worry if your dough breaks a bit. Just press it in between your fingers and push it down and around the sides.
- FREEZE your muffin tin tray filled with cookie bottom for 3 minutes before baking
- BAKE just the base for 5 minutes. Remove from oven
- Fill with cheesecake mix
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees F
- Bake for an additional 12 - 15 minutes until cheesecakes are ALMOST set (they will cook still when you remove them). Don't overbake!
- Let cool completely and refrigerate